Maras Moray and Salinerasfrom
On our excursion to Maras Moray Salineras. You will explore the ancient work of the Incas on the terraces of Moray, marvel at the spectacular salt mines of Maras, and visit the textile center of Chinchero on a stunning half-day tour from Cusco.
Highest Altitude3.380 m / 11.089 ft (Moray)
Lowest Altitude3.762 m / 12.342 ft
Group Size6-12 -16 max (Small)
- This day tour is considered a short journey
- Half day tour with 2 archeological sites CHINCHERO, MORAY.
- An ancient village MARAS
- The salt mines SALINERAS
A short tour by van with a private guide.
- Private van.
- Professional private tour guide
- Many stops along the way
- Professional and safe driver
- Breakfast and lunch
- Extra snacks
- Entrance fees to Moray and Chinchero -the tourist ticket is 130 soles (full ticket) or 70 soles (partial ticket)
- Entrance to the salt mines- 10 soles.
VISIT MARAS MORAY AND SALINERAS
Your tour guide will pick you up at 8:00 am from your hotel. We will travel east to CHINCHERO, an ancient royal town. Here you will visit a local house where Andean woman will demonstrate their ancient weaving techniques, passed down from their ancestors and using only natural dyes. Following this, we will drive to MORAY, an archeological site where you will have the option of doing a short hike. Here your tour guide will show you the “terraces” with their own microclimates that played an important role in early agriculture of the area. After this, we head to MARAS, a colonial village where we will have a short walk before continuing to SALINERAS where you will see more than 3000 pond salt mines and your guide will explain the process of how the salt is extracted. Around 12:00 pm we will leave for Cusco in our van, dropping you off at your hotel at approximately 1:30.
- Elevations: 3.762 meters / 12.342 feet (Chinchero) / 3.380 meters / 11.089 feet (Moray)
- Lowest elevation: 3.380 meter / 11.089 feet (Moray)
- Highest elevation: 3.762 meters / 12.342 feet
- Considered: short day tour
- Passport (Original)
- Sun block, insect repellent
- Sun hat, sun glasses
- Rain gear or plastic poncho during the rainy season.
- A backpack.
- Camera/Photography Equipment
- Extra Soles (Money)
- Any medication you may need